Two casting calls for background extras on St. Nickel today, as posted at MFM: On the 17th, they need “Boys aged 6-8 to play in a large ‘Boy Scouts’ type of scene”, and parents can get in on it too. On the 22nd, it gets edgier, with a call for “Young men aged 20-25 to play ‘drunk/stoner’ extras in a bar/restaurant scene.” Both shoots take place in Sudbury, and you can get more details here.
(Via WireService.ca) The Whistler Film Festival’s Industry Summit will run from December 3rd through 5th this year, during WFF as always, and offers vital info for filmmakers and dealmakers. New events this year include Power Pitch, where six chosen teams will have 10 minutes each to pitch their projects to senior execs in front of a live audience, and sessions on international co-productions and marketing Canadian films abroad. Details on the WFF site.
(Via CNW/Telbec) The Air Canada enRoute Film Festival finalists have been announced. In the game are:
- (A)LONE – Kevin Landry, Montreal, QC
- Familiar – Haya Waseem and Christopher Lew, Toronto, ON
- I’m Still Embarrassed – Taylor Gordon and Nigil Vazquez, Cobalt, ON
- Kaleidoscope – Catherine Dubeau, Montreal, QC
- Persistence of Vision – Caitlin Durlak, Toronto, ON