- “I obviously share this award [the Guichet d’or/ Golden Box Office] with all of the town [Montréal] involved in Mommy,” says Xavier Dolan via CTV — watch a clip here.
- This just in: Mommy wins again, this time Telefilm Canada’s prize for having the highest domestic sales for a French-language Canadian film in 2014, CTV tells us here.
- And speaking of CSA winners, TV, Eh? wants your ideas on how to fix the awards — different time of year, away from the Oscars? Televised red carpet? Fewer, better categories? Sound off here.
- A drama festival filming plays and releasing them in movie theatres? It worked so well for the Stratford Festival’s King Lear, they now plan to film all the Shakespeare plays, the CP reports here.
- TrackSaver is a new app from flvto.com that lets you download audio and video from YouTube in popular formats (avi, mov, mp4) and convert to mp3. Read about it at PRWeb here.
- The 15th Annual ReelWorld Film Festival is going on till March 7th in Toronto (till March 8th in Markham), and Global News is sponsoring TO’s closing night film, an Indian/Spanish/French production. “Traces of Sandalwood is a story of hope and love from Mumbai to Barcelona; from India to the Mediterranean and all the way back,” says Shaw, here.
- Freefly Systems, who brings you the MōVI line of camera movement systems and CineStar multi-rotors, has announced a new version (4.0) of its MōVI M5, M10 and M15, with features that enhance the system’s capabilities on set and in postproduction — like Setdown Sleep. Read about it at PRWeb, here.